Last update: June, 2019
Bluefish is committed to protecting the privacy of persons visiting and using our website https://bluefishtec.com/ and subdomains.
These Privacy & Cookie Policies cover the information we collect about you when you use our products or services, or otherwise interact with Bluefish. This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
When we refer to “Bluefish,” “we,” or “us” in this policy, we mean Bluefish Technologies Ltd., which controls the information Bluefish collects when you use the Services.
Information you provide to us:
We collect information about you when you enrol for our Services via your Employer, and your Employer, in turn passes that information to us.
We also collect information about Employer Users when they are created by an Employer Administrator.
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you are registered for a user account.
Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services:
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Information we receive from other sources:
We receive information about you from our business and channel partners.
- Bluefish Partners: We work with a global network of partners who provide services around our products. Some of these partners interact directly with you in the provision of their particular service. We receive information from these partners, such as email and address information you have provided, so that we can continue to contact you with information about our service.
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including responding to your questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with Bluefish Partners.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Bluefish Partners: We work with third parties who provide technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions around the Services. We may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services, such as to assist with system setup and to provide support. We may also share information with these third parties where you have agreed to that sharing.
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in Europe to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
Identity Information: When your employer creates an account for you, they provide sensitive personal information that our partners require in order to verify your identity. This information is uploaded via our systems and passed immediately to our partners. We do not retain any of this sensitive information on our systems or in our logs.
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator (such as your employer), you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: This can be done by you directly through the profile and account section when you login to our website.
- Delete your information: If you request us to delete your information, please note, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable).
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings. Please note, you will continue to receive generic ads.
- Turn off Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookies Policy.
Send “Do Not Track” Signals: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
International transfers of information we collect
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United Kingdom. We may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
- International transfers within Bluefish: To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer information other countries and allow access to that information from countries in which Bluefish have operations for the purposes described in this policy. These countries may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to the laws of many of the countries where our customers and users are based. When we share information about you within Bluefish, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission, and we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to safeguard the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Notice to End Users
Our products are intended for use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
Even if the Services are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you are a member of a team administered by an organization, or if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access the Services, then the administrator of that team or the owner of the domain associated with your organizational email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the Services at a later date. You will be notified if this happens.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.
If you have questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at:
Bluefish Technologies Ltd
Unit A12, 56 Wood Lane, London W12 7SB